The mPassport Seva (also known as the Mobile Passport Seva) is a service intended specifically for Indians who are only interested in information pertaining to their passports. There are particular details on the following topics available through this user-friendly and lightweight app:
- Passport location centers
- Passport fees
- Passport application status
- General information about the passport
The Passport Seva initiative is being developed by the Ministry of External Affairs’ (MEA) CPV (Consular, Passport, and Visa) division and the Indian government in order to provide all passport-related services in a transparent, convenient, and fast manner.
As one of the largest initiatives being implemented under the NeGP (National e-Governance Plan), it is being carried out in collaboration with TCS in a public-private partnership (Tata Consultancy Services). The initiative is providing services to citizens through a network of more than 77 Passport Offices around India.
MEA, on the other hand, intended to provide mobile services to the general public, which is when the concept of the mPassport app was devised and released. Everyone who has a smartphone may benefit from the app’s extensive range of features. The mPassport Seva app is available for download for the iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows platforms, among others.
Passports issued in India are classified into several categories
Indian passports are divided into two categories, both of which are granted by the Ministry of External Affairs of the government of India. They are as follows:
Regular passport: Ordinary passports are provided to ordinary people who have no special qualifications. These passports are for general use, and its holders can use them to travel to foreign nations for work or pleasure.
Official or diplomatic passport: Official or diplomatic passports are issued to those who are travelling to foreign nations on official business or for official purposes.
How to Apply for Passport in mPassport Seva App?
With the recent advent of a mobile application called mPassport Seva App by the government, obtaining a passport will now be lot simpler than it was previously. CPV division’s new mobile app, which was unveiled by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on the occasion of Passport Seva Diwas and is anticipated to simplify the whole passport application process through the implementation of two new initiatives, was introduced on the occasion of Passport Seva Diwas.
While the schemes, titled “Passport Application from Anywhere in India” and “Filling Passport Applications Forms from Mobile Phones,” aim to streamline the passport application process, they are also expected to make things easier for hundreds of Indian citizens planning to travel to Mecca for the Haj pilgrimage, according to the Indian government.
Our discussion today will focus on how an individual may apply for a new passport using the Passport Seva App. According to the website ‘Passport Seva,’ the procedure is comparable to the current method in use at the time of writing.
The following is a full description of the procedure:
- Download the mPassport Seva app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- Start the app.
- To register as a new user, go to ‘New User Registration’.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Passport Office you want to visit.
- After that, fill in the necessary information such as your name, date of birth, email address, and so on.
- After that, you’ll need to enter your unique login ID (It can be the same as the email ID that the applicant uses)
- Create a strong password for yourself.
- Choose a security question and answer that will allow you to recover your password if you forget it.
- Fill in the captcha code.
- When you complete this step, the passport office will send you an email with a verification link that you must click on in order to activate your new account.
- When the applicant clicks on the verification link, he or she will be routed to a new homepage where he or she will be required to enter the login ID for confirmation.
- After the account has been validated, the applicant will be forced to close and reopen the application.
- Following that, the applicant must select the ‘Existing User’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Provide the Login ID, password, and captcha code, if applicable.
- After that, select ‘Apply for a new passport’ from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form and follow the instructions on the app to complete the process.
- Make the necessary payment of the required fee.
- In order to complete the process, you must schedule an appointment to visit a passport facility for document verification.
What is the best way to follow the status of an application using an app?
It is possible to follow the progress of an application for a new passport by utilizing the ‘Status Tracker’ feature included in the app. Application Status must be selected once clicking on the symbol for ‘Status Tracker’ has been activated on the computer screen. After that, enter the file number as well as the date of birth and click on the ‘Track” button.
Features of mPassport Seva App
The mPassport Seva App has the following features:
- The app directs you through or provides information on the many procedures that must be completed in order to obtain a passport-related service. Consider the following scenario: you want to know if the consumer has a complaint or a question.
- A DPC (District Passport Cell) or a PSK may be located with relative ease by the user (Passport Seva Kendra). In fact, a person who is residing outside of the country can search for important information about the Posts/Missions in that country.
- Users may easily locate their local police station in select specified districts and states, as well as their relevant police department.
- The Cost Calculator feature of the programme also assists users in obtaining information about the fee, service charges, and the submission manner of the application.
- By just providing the user’s date of birth and file number, he or she may keep track of the status of his or her passport application. If the passport has been shipped, the programme also provides the ability to follow the status of its delivery.